Yorkshire Main signalbox pictured and shared by Chris Booth.
The opening date is not known at the moment, but it was downgraded to a shunters cabin on the 2nd of May 1977 and eventually closed on the 26 of September 1986.
The box was opened by the Lancashire & Yorkshire (L&Y) railway on the Dearne Valley line completed in 1909 with the Yorkshire Main branch going from Potteric Carr junctions to Denaby and Bolton-Upon-Dearne through Edlington with a connecting curve to the LNER. Passenger services starting on the 3rd of June 1912 only ran as far as Denaby.
L&Y later became The London & North Western Railway, then the London, Midland & Scottish Railway and eventually British Rail in 1948.
Passenger services ceased in September 1951. The connection from Edlington to Yorkshire Main Colliery was lifted in May 1972. The whole of the line was lifted in 1986 after the complete closure of the colliery.
This Ordnance Survey map from 1955, shows the former connections and also the curved connecting line to the LNER (Kirk sandall to Mexborough line).
The blue circle is the former location of Yorkshire Main Signalbox.
This Google Earth image gives a today's perspective of the locations of the track.